In that vein, Bike Safe Boston put together a funny, gif-ified Guide to Vehicular Profiling. “If you know what to look for, you can stay streets ahead of these bozos,” Bike Safe writes. Here are a few of the telltale cars:
- Zipcars. While you’d THINK “sustainability-minded non-driver,” Bike Safe says this translates into “Beware! Hasn’t logged a ton of hours driving alongside cyclists.”
- Big Cadillacs (bonus: Florida plates). Look out for slow reflexes and bad vision, the guide says. Uh, kinda ageist, Bike Safe!
- New Hampshire plates. Apparently you don’t have to get car insurance in New Hampy, which seems downright crazy. “Live Free or Die” now sounds like a threat.
- PT Cruisers. “They’re basically boats, really ugly boats,” snarks Bike Safe. “Anyone who would elect to drive a car like this has no idea what they’re doing.” We have to agree.
- Bike Safe’s Guide to Vehicular Profiling, Bike Safe Boston